Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's Christmas Again!

Let's see, since posting in 2010, much has happened for us.  I don't think I want to write catch up history as I think that will show itself in future posts.   We are no longer in our big old Victorian style farmhouse; we have moved (downsized) to leasing a condo in a city across the state from where we lived in sweet little community of Bay Center, WA in Pacific County.   We are now living in city of Spokane, WA closer to my daughters and the family branch of my grandchildren.  I will write about those experiences and learning lessons (learning for me) at another time.  It has been a journey of the soul, so to speak.

It is now December 2014.  A year in the condo in Spokane.  In 2013 we were also in Spokane, sharing time between our home in Bay Center, WA and an apartment in Spokane, WA caring for two of my youngest grandchildren.  Going backwards in time to recapture the years of 2012 and 2011 .. essentially my husband retired from his career, and we found ourselves re-examining our choices in life regarding family, living location, community, aging into senior years, faith -- the whole gamut it seems as seen from retrospective viewpoint.  Certainly less clear as we walked together through those years.





I'm not sure where I'll take the direction of this blog, for now though, it can serve as a bit of thoughtful reflections along with the new or revived things we are doing in our more senior years.

It is Christmas time just now. And I'm happy to be sharing in Christmas spirit - past and present, listening to Christmas music, decorating the house (yes, our condo has a 'house' feel to it so I call it our house now), making Christmas gifts, participating in our Traditions - past and present - as the holidays unfold.   This is the first year in many that we have brought out the Big Christmas tree, and all the decorations acquired over the decades going back to when my adult children were just youngsters.   Picture of the big tree in our condo (house) space.

p.s.  daughter, her husband, granddaughter stopped by to see our big tree, and took this composite photo to include my collections of nutcrackers which remain out all year long in their display cabinets.        

No comments: